24 hours a day
0044 (0) 20 3239 1595
Barcelona is one of the most fascinating, seductive and erotic cities in the world which has attracted and continues to attract many artists, dreamers and adventurers. A magical place that is distinguished by it great open mindedness which has been the fertile ground in which today, it is possible to relate an absolutely unique history of erotica. Visiting the Museum of Erotica in Barcelona will certainly make your trip more original and unforgettable.
In Barcelona's Museum of Erotica, you will be able to make a tour through the history of eroticism and will be able to view more than 800 items which belong in the collection. You will discover how the seductive powers of mankind have been a source of inspiration throughout history and how it was and still is, profoundly different in different cultures. A visit to the Museum will take you through its 14 rooms, each of which has a different theme. The tour begins in the room which is dedicated to ancient civilizations where you will be able to explore eroticism dating back to paleolithic times and the impressive history of Cleopatra. In the room that is dedicated to Oriental eroticism, you will be intrigued by the representations of eroticism in impossible positions and genitals in exaggerated and disproportionate sizes. In the Kama Sutra room, you will be able to see numerous wooden or stone statues which represent varying positions from the Kama Sutra, the oldest and most famous Indian Sanskrit text about sexual behavior. In the World Cultures room, you will be able to find out about the remarkable cultural differences there are in representations of sex and eroticism. You will then come to the European room which covers the 19th and 20th centuries, the Pin Up room and the collection of private videos belonging to King Alfonso XIII, the eroticism of Picasso, the room of phallic traditions and much more. The erotic garden is one of the most attractive rooms which will really grab your attention with its eye-catching lay out. It is like a real secret and hidden paradise that's tucked away in the heart of the city.
Getting to the Museum of Erotica in Barcelona is very easy. All you need to do is to travel down La Rambla and you will find the museum located at No. 96 right in front of the Boqueria Market. The closest Metro station is at Placa Catalunya where you can use Lines L1, L3, L6, L7. The Museum is open 7 days a week from 10:00 to 24:00. On the 24th December it is often open but closes at 17:00 and is closed on Christmas Day. On January 1st, the museum opens at 12:00 and closes at midnight.
Visiting the Museum has never been so easy. You can book your entry tickets at our online section and with just a few clicks at Entry Tickets to Attractions. Basic entry costs €11.50 and just covers a visit to the rooms. If you want a more comprehensive package with an audio-guide and a glass of Cava which you can enjoy in the erotic garden, the cost is €19.00. Make your stay in the city really unusual and book your entry tickets to the Museum of Erotica in Barcelona now.
1. It was opened in 1997 with the intention of relating the history and development of eroticism, not just in Spain but also throughout the world, from the beginning of time up to the present day.
2. It has an online site which is called Boutique69 where you can buy good quality erotic items.
3. Throughout the year, events are organized inside the Museum for every age group.
4. The Museum's purpose is nothing to do with being sensationalist but more to do with education: from the beginning, its mission was clearly to represent a center for research and education on the subject of eroticism. However, the Museum's modus operandi doesn't have a didactic approach but more of a playful one. The aim is to convey knowledge through entertainment and irony.
5. From La Rambla, you will immediately identify the Museum's position if you look upwards: every day, on the balcony of the building's facade, a smiling Marilyn Monroe greets passers-by with all her charm.
6. The Museum can organize special access for hen or stag parties which includes the standard entry and a guided tour with Marilyn Monroe + a bottle of wine all for €20.00 per person (booking in advance by email is required).